Friday, September 21, 2007

Hawaiian Waters

I am back in Hawaiian waters this morning. I can hear the US Coast Guard on the radio. It is nice to hear the American voices and to be back in familiar water. I am still SE of the Big Island and will be passing east of it tonight. The wind has dropped to 15 knots and the seas have calmed down a lot to only 5 feet. I am keeping my speed up to 6 knots to ensure a morning arrival in Kaneohe. I expect I will slow down some when I turn a bit more downwind off Maui. The winds should hold up for me
to at least 15 knots till I get in. I should get in sometime Sunday morning. It is nice to have some easier sailing now for my final days of this trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ron,

Very cool! That must be such a great feeling to be nearing home after such an incredible journey in the South Pacific. Seeing those islands again will be quite a site.

I wish we could be there standing on the dock when you come in.

That will be so much fun!

Congrats,

Gary & Connie