Thursday, September 20, 2007

Getting Closer

After 2 days of 25 knot winds I am seeing improvement as the high weakens. I have been making good speed regardless so I will get home by Sunday morning. The forecast is for the winds to weaken to 15 knots starting Friday night so that should be good sailing. I will be turning more downwind at that point and will need the pole rigged. When I arrive I plan to sail into the marina and dock at the end of B dock where I hope to have someone ready to take my dock lines. With additional help I can get
the boat to the slip. I have sailed all the way in before but it is risky so I would rather avoid that. I sure am ready to be home again. Only 425 miles to go!!

2 comments:

Dave Del Rosario said...

Ron, I would be happy to help Sunday morning. I can try to raise you on the VHF or you can call my cellphone 479-3157 and I will be availble with the Boston Whaler if necessary.

Dave Del Rosario

Anonymous said...

I'll have lines ready and can easily pull you around the corner and into your slip, Ron. You can call my cell (927-4018) when you're inside K-Bay, or have Tom or Dave call me (so you don't need to make multiple calls to us).
When the "official" comes to clear you back in, tell him to dial 999 at the entry gate (which rings my cell phone)and I'll open it for him.
Oh, and I'll change the water in your slip so it'll be nice and fresh for you.
:-)
Darned proud of ya, Ron!
Rick