Monday, September 10, 2007

Fresh Fish

I put a fishing line out today. Two hours later I had a small Shibi[yellow fin tuna] on board. Just the perfect boat size. Tomorrow morning I will cross the equator at 148W. I will have the easting I wanted. The sailing is good today with ENE wind at 15 kts. I am behind my original plan because of the north wind I had to put up with. But I'm not doing too bad. I am sleeping well even in the rough seas. I get up to check everything every 2 hours then go back to bed. I am in a strong current now,
against me of course, which seems to have cooler water. The air temperature definitely cooled off and became more dry. The sky is completely clear. Although the cabin is mostly closed up it is comfortable. So this will be my last day sailing in the South Pacific.

No comments: