Friday, August 3, 2007

South Raiatea

I am back at Taravana after a 4 days in south part of the island. I stopped at four anchorages, including a fiord type bay with a tropical stream I paddled up. Then I anchored at a perfect tropical motu with long sand beaches and coral gardens for snorkling. It was a very scenic trip inside the lagoon. I was doing some repair projects along the way. I was able to repair my radar which had malfunctioned on the voyage earlier. I opened up the antenna on the mast and reconnected the electrical plug. I really didn't think that would help but amazingly it did. It is now working fine. That will be a relief on the sail home. I was finally able to get into town at Uturoa when I managed to find room at the dock. So I was able to pick up fresh vegetables,fruit and most important, BEER! So now I am planning a trip along the west side of Tahaa. After that I head back to Bora Bora for the remainder of my trip.

No comments: