Wednesday, August 22, 2007

East Lagoon

I am back to the BBYC after a couple days in the east lagoon area. It was very interesting on that side. You have to sail in very shallow water which was pretty cool. I cruised for miles in water only 10 feet deep. The anchorages were only 8' deep. That is quite a change from the 90' I've had to do. The water was very clear and at night the moon made it look like a giant swimming pool. I explored by kayak along the beaches and little inlets. The weather stayed perfect for me. Now I am getting ready for my long sail back to Hawaii. As I complete my final preparations I will look for a good weather forecast to depart on. As the highs pass by to the south it reinforces the trade winds, a bit stronger than I want. So I wait for that high to pass for the winds to back off to a more comfortable 10-15 knots and 6' seas. The boat is in good shape for the passage. I will need fuel, water and fresh provisions. Then I will be ready.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say Hi and let you know I admire you following your dream. I have been following your trip and tell you you would not believe how I accidentally stumbled across your name - helping my son Christopher with a report on "Past" Airlines in Phoenix. I have seen the pictures and just wanted to wish you all the best in your venture . . . I know you will do well. Please be safe on your way home!
Mariann LaPatra
Phoenix, Arizona
email: mllapatra@terracon.com

Anonymous said...

Your slip is open and waiting for you, Ron.
Fair winds & following seas...
Rick at Makani Kai

Anonymous said...

Hey Ron,
Hope you have good weather for your return trip! You missed Hurricane Dean! Thinking of you. Looking forward to your return.
Mike and Linka