Friday, August 31, 2007

Departing Bora Bora

The time has arrived for me to sail home. The weather is looking good for a nice start. I will be singlehanded on this leg. I hope to do at least as well as the sail down arriving after 22 days. I'll should have some helpful current this time but the winds could be different so it is hard to predict exactly how long it will take. I am hoping for something around 20 days. I think the boat is more ready than ever. I have resolved all of the issues so I expect little in the way of problems. I am also hopeful that the ham radio will allow me to send email and update this blog as I did on the way down. It should work fine. I am looking forward to the sail although I am aware it is a long sail. I am ready to be home even now so I'm sure I will be very excited to arrive as I get close. Each day I will be a little closer so taht will feel good. I've enjoyed French Polynesia. There are some things I will miss but some things won't. I will be happy to be home.

No comments: