Friday, August 10, 2007

Bora Bora

I am anchored at the Bora Bora Yacht Club after a pleasant sail yesterday in 18 knot east wind. I had a quick tour of this island earlier on this trip but now I will see it more throughly and slowly. The weather is near perfect right now. I hope that continues. There is lots of places to see around this small island. I should have many things to report after awhile. It is interesting to see all the other boats as they pass through this crossroads of the Pacific. Many people I saw or met have moved on to the west. I am looking forward to getting on to the passage home. However heading into the North Pacific scares me somewhat with the potential for tropical storms this time of year, as Flossie is doing now. I spend time running "what if" scenarios as if I was involved with it. Essential what strategy to use to stay out of its way. The season for storms doesn't end till November however I am hopeful the frequency will diminish after mid September. Most of the storms that do form off Mexico stay in the East Pacific but some do cross into the Central Pacific which would affect me. Using the weaather reports and then avoidance is the key. Anyway Bora Bora will be my home for awhile.
Ron

No comments: