Friday, June 15, 2007

We crossed the line

At about 1400 yesterday we crossed the equator. We tossed the leis from Makani Kai into the water, had a toast with Captain Morgans, offered one to Neptune. Festivites were then concluded. We are making good progress south. We decided we had enough easting. We are heading for a waypoint 300 miles NE of Tahiti to give us a SW run to the island. We are sailing at close to 6 kts now. We could go faster but why push so hard. At night we slow the boat down to give an easier ride and less stress on the
crew knowing sail configuration changes during the night will be unlikely. A few nights ago I had to put a reef in the main at 0200. Didn't really like doing that. We are eating well. We have something involving rice every night. Curry,stir fry, fried rice have all been popular. Ling cooks and I clean up. I think she has the better deal. Not that I'm complaining. She is a good cook. We really could use some fresh fish about now. We have been at sea for 2 weeks now. The crew is holding up well. We
have a bit over a week to go. ETA is on the 23rd. I hope this nice weather continues.
Ron

1 comment:

noble silence said...

Hmm! Strange..I have never tasted Ling's Penang curry but it sounds delicious or is it the sea air?

I wonder if Ron washes the dishes to clean them up or washes the dishes to wash the dishes or both.
Keep healthy and safe.