Friday, June 22, 2007

Speeding along

We are one day out and have the boat going full speed at 6.5 kts. The seas are tolerable enough to do that although it is a wild ride. Like a horse going to the barn we can feel our closeness to Tahiti. Weather is perfect but with 20 kt wind. We should get in by noon so we will have time to find an anchorage and get organized before dark. Sun goes down at 1730. I normally drink coffee but I haven't had one cup this whole trip. It doesn't seem worth the bother and its hot anyway.
I do bother to shave though. We are really excited about arriving in Papeete. After 21 days at sea we have seen 2 boats and no land. Only lots of birds and fish. We will enjoy having the boat just sit still instead jumping and lurching all over.
Ron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ron,

Your Mom and Dad wanted me to let you know that their computer crashed sometime on Monday, June 18th. I've been trying to send an email to you but cannot get it to go through. I've been calling them with updates from your daily postings and will continue to do that. They feel just terrible they've been unable to track your progress through their own computer. If you'd like to communicate with them through our e-mail I would be happy to phone them with your message. Our e-mail address is ragraen@aol.com.

Redgy and I have really enjoyed following your adventure through your postings. Quite an experience for both of you !!

Take care and arrive safely,

Charr & Redgy

Unknown said...

Finally Tahiti is not far away after the long and hazardous journey.
I hope Ling has no more oceans to conquer.
The innocent ocean remains silent
as the sailors cry "Victory"
Congratulations captain Ron and crew.