Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Headwinds

The wind has shifted to the NNE at 15 knots. That is not good for my progress. I have been trying to sail northeast or north but now the best I can do is northwest. The forecast does not show the winds to be this north. However, if this continues I will loose a lot of my easting which will make the sail that much harder later. I even sailed east for 5 hours last night but but decided that was not the way to go and the seas were much rougher in that direction. I had hoped to pass east of Caroline
Island but that doesn't look good now. I'm just going to have to stay on this NW course and hope for a wind shift back to the east. I will have to work out my easting later. This does not bode well for a fast passage. Otherwise, the weather is nice with no squalls in sight. I will just have to hold on here and hope for a better wind angle. My radio "call in" is working great. That was a problem sailing down so it is nice that it is fixed. You can go to Pacific Seafarers Net web page to see the "ROLL
CALL". You can also find the position reporter on that website. The old links that everyone was using no longer works. This afternoon the winds have settled down to 10 knots and is slowly going back more to the northeast. So the sailing today has been very relaxing and enjoyable under sunny skies.

No comments: