Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Polynesian Show

I went to my first Polynesian show at the Taravana Club on Tahaa. It was really good with a small intimate setting. There was an audience of about 40 people all from the sail boats. The food was great and the singing and dancing was excellent. They kept it up for 3 hours with alot of audience participation. I was invited to join another couple at their table who I had met before so that worked out well.
I am hanging out here for awhile because it is comfortable and I can get a few projects done. The wind is quite strong so exploring new areas with the deep anchoring is not inviting right now. I would like to go to Uturoa to shop but the wind would have me pinned to the dock. This cruising is not simple. The weather plays such an important part of your daily life. The weather now is great except for the wind. Next week should be better as the high moves away to the east.

No comments: