Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Return Trip Complete

I sailed back to Kaneohe on Monday arriving at 6 pm after 35 hours of sailing in near perfect conditions. I picked really nice weather for the return with 10-15 knot wind and clear skies. It nearly worked out perfect. The only glitch was the wind turned to the east half way to Oahu which put the winds directly on the nose and significantly increases the distance required to sail. So with some hesitation I fired up the engine on the 2nd day to assist the performance. So I cut about 5 hours off the enroute time and getting before dark. All in all a good passage with really pretty weather. I will get a couple of new pictures on here when I download them from the camera. Tom on Wind Warrior sailed along with me, so it was fun to see him out there. He stayed in visual contact through out until the end after I started motoring. He sailed the entire trip in diminishing winds arriving at 10 pm very tired. We both recieved a nice "welcome back" at the dock.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Sounds like you had a good trip. Look forward to seeing more pictures.