Saturday, June 27, 2009

Departure day approaches

All good things must end so I am preparing for the trip back to Kaneohe. It is 115 miles east, but of course you can't sail east since that is where the wind is blowing from. So I sail about 55 miles NNE and then tack to the southeast and hopefully I have sailed far enough north or the wind gives me a break by backing a little to the NE so I can make Kaneohe on that tack. The forecast is for 10 knot east wind and 3 foot seas, so it should be relatively comfortable. I hope to arrive before dark on the second day. I spent an hour today cleaning the bottom of the boat so it will be nice a smooth for the sail. When I get home I will immediately be planning our after race activities scheduled for the 4th of July. It should be a fun race navigating outside the by and having to tack within the channel boundaries. Afterwards will be the barbeque at the clubhouse and awards. We should have 10 boats so I expect spirited sailing and tough competition.

2 comments:

Ship's log said...

Safe sailing Ron! See you back at the slip soon. Ling

Rick Peterson said...

Aloha!
I saw this exact boat in the Inside Passage as I was sailing my BCC back towards Washington State. Pretty cool!!!
www.sailblogs.com/member/bccjunessa
cheers!
rick